Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, my name is SD and I'm an alcoholic. lol.

I'm a long time reader, I've read almost every thread. I've seen your bikes, with all the mods. I've read the endless threads on Tyres. I've read of the accidents. I've read of the almost accidents. I've read of the wheelies and the "old men" complain that the bike came with 2 wheels for a reason.

Anyway to me. Started riding a Honda CBX 250 Twister in 2008. Sold that last year (2011) bought a red 2011 Kawasaki Versys 650 from Kawasaki South Africa, it was their "show" bike. Been loving the versys ever since, even though I think it's a smudge top heavy. I've seen the thread with the lowering kits, seems like way too much effort.

So hi everyone.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Hi everybody, my name is SD and I'm an alcoholic. lol. I've seen the thread with the lowering kits, seems like way too much effort.

So hi everyone.
You think the lowering kit is too much effort. I did mine in a couple of hours taking my time and reading the instructions carefully and I'm no mechanic. :D
Each to their own and :welcome:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest the instructions look pretty simple. But to be honest, I'm scared I mess it up completely. So just going to live with it for now.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:welcome: I know what you mean when you say its kind of heavy. It takes awhile to get use to. :thumb: :goodluck: It has to do with your back ground of bikes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you mean it's 10pm? It's the middle of the day :D

I must say that I was not afraid to do mods to my cbx 250. I suppose it was because that was a lot cheaper than the Versys.

·
Registered
223 Posts
:welcome: from Buffalo!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts