Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ridden one of these?

I keep hearing... "Great bike. Lacks character".

I am not sure what character is, but it might be derived from a lack of flaws? I'm not sure. Any comments would be of interest!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was talking to a Vespa salesman yesterday who used to work at a Honda shop. He went on and on about the Varadero and the CBF, couldn't praise them enough. He was particularly impressed with the ABS on both. Luckily for you they are available not far away at the Powerhouse dealer in Nanaimo - (note in Canada the Varadero, CBF 1000 and SH 150i scooters are only sold through 'Powerhouse' dealers - they sell all things Honda and have stores built to Honda specs etc). Have you seen that the Deauville 700 (NT700V) will be available in the US for 2010? No word on it for Canada but said dealer above did mention that the Transalp was coming our way - those two bike share the same drive train at least so who knows?

NT700V

Rub

·
Super Moderator
19,395 Posts
Saw an interesting duo while riding Friday: a Harley was coming up, legs stretched WAY-Y-Y out, followed by a chick on another (???). They went by and the chick's Harley turned into a Honda Pacific Coast, probably the CLEANEST example I've ever seen. :thumb:
Ed :cheers:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'd buy one.

Dave

·
Registered
136 Posts
We just returned last week from 1150+ miles on a CBF1000 in the Swiss Alps. This was two up riding all the way and I really, really liked that bike. Good low end grunt, no lugging at lower RPM's and a smooth engine. It reminded me of an updated Nighthawk 750 I use to own, just more refined with it being a litre bike, fuel injection & better brakes.

I think it probably makes a better mini-sport-tourer than a sport bike as you can get it with saddle bags & trunk.

I would probably buy one if it was available here.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We just returned last week from 1150+ miles on a CBF1000 in the Swiss Alps. This was two up riding all the way and I really, really liked that bike. Good low end grunt, no lugging at lower RPM's and a smooth engine. It reminded me of an updated Nighthawk 750 I use to own, just more refined with it being a litre bike, fuel injection & better brakes.

I think it probably makes a better mini-sport-tourer than a sport bike as you can get it with saddle bags & trunk.

I would probably buy one if it was available here.
Waaa? Not available in the US?

We can only get them here at the Honda "Power House" dealers... but we can get them. It's likely they will come next year to the US then. That's what happened with the Versys.

Nice to hear your take on it... I quite like them, but I am worried it would be a little to heavy, although when I sat on one, it seemed very well balanced, and I didn't notice the weight. Also the build quality is apparent right away. It just screams well made.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice to hear your take on it... I quite like them, but I am worried it would be a little to heavy, although when I sat on one, it seemed very well balanced, and I didn't notice the weight. Also the build quality is apparent right away. It just screams well made.

I think going from the Versys to the CBF1000 would seem a little heavier, but you are right, it's well balanced. I liked the upright sitting postion and did not have problems with arms or wrist cramps and we were riding about 200 miles a day.

The Versys is more of my daily ride to work as we don't ride two up on it. Our ST1300 is what we use for touring, so the CBF1000 was lightweight compared to what we are normally on.

I was impressed with the power it had, I am thinking around 97hp if I recall correctly. We had no problem getting up to speed when entering the autobahns there or in Germany and while riding through the Alps, it did not require a lot of downshift except when approaching switchback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts