Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new here - obviously - but the bike I need info on isn't. It's a 2008 that belongs to a friend of mine, but I'm always the mechanic. I'm here for all the help this community seems to have to offer. ANd right now, I need electrical help.

My friend bought a bike with a few issues. One of them is the either the Vehicle-DOwn sensor - it tests bad and the FI light flashes, so it's clearly part of the problem - or a bad ground. The frame ground is solid, but I understand there is a ground under the front plastics and another on the engine. There is a thread on here that I can't access because I haven't had my membership approved, so please, approve me. Lol.

Thanks
J

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've looked at and tried the resistor work around. It doesn't work for me. But the VDS is definitely bad. Testing out of range, engine dying, flashing FI light..

·
Premium Member
9,193 Posts
I've looked at and tried the resistor work around. It doesn't work for me. But the VDS is definitely bad. Testing out of range, engine dying, flashing FI light..
There are two, the one with the 3 , not by me works, my work around was specific to my 2015 Versys 650.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the resistor work around to work. It took some engineering, but it worked. Then the damn valve stem broke when I was airing up the front tire...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts