Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a mint 2009 Versys 650. My second bike. First was an ex500 so I’m looking forward to trying this one out. Anyone know what model of bark buster hand guards fit best?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
:welcome: If your are coming form Ex500, you will enjoy the versys. Both are user friendly bikes and very forgiving.

enjoy your ride and be safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. My first post here. I was on the ex500 forum and I am hoping
this one is as helpful. I just got a 2010 650. Mint shape. Low mileage. My second bike. Can’t wait for spring. I plan to change my oil and air filter. Plugs and give it a good cleaning this winter.
I was really impressed with the reviews of this bike. It was hard to find a negative comment.
I want to put some hand guards on. What would you recommend? I just want wind protection.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Hi. My first post here. I was on the ex500 forum and I am hoping
this one is as helpful. I just got a 2010 650. Mint shape. Low mileage. My second bike. Can’t wait for spring. I plan to change my oil and air filter. Plugs and give it a good cleaning this winter.
I was really impressed with the reviews of this bike. It was hard to find a negative comment.
I want to put some hand guards on. What would you recommend? I just want wind protection.

Thanks
BarkBuster Storm , just realized your in Ontario

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...I want to put some hand guards on. What would you recommend? I just want wind protection.Thanks....
I put ZETA XC handguards onto my '08 and '09 V650s - GREAT wind protection (I remove the plastics when it gets hot, for more airflow across my hands), and they did a VG job of protecting things during a 30 mph 'low-side' on the '08....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bark buster storm. Do they fit into the bar ends. ? No clamps correct? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zeta xc at least on amazon looks like a separate purchase of the brace and then the shield

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
Zeta xc at least on amazon looks like a separate purchase of the brace and then the shield....
Been quite awhile since I bought my sets (for my '08 and my '09), but looks like they're separate. They DO work, tho'....

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
Been quite awhile since I bought my sets (for my '08 and my '09), but looks like they're separate. They DO work, tho'....
Here's a pic of the left-side one on my '08 AFTER I 'camouflaged' the low-side (30 mph) damage w/ some reflective tape - look for the small scratches below the tape. The ZETAs held up VERY well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts