Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! New (well, '09) Versys owner here from Nashville, TN :D Have enjoyed this forum immensely already!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking forward to some technical discussions! It appears that the weep hole on my Versys may be leaking a small bit of oil, hoping to find some insight... Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, is that the line that comes out on the left side that is weeping as it is a drain line from any oil in the air box from any overflow from air filter.

·
Registered
259 Posts
WELCOME....from another Tennesseean !

~ Wes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey dude

Are you talking about a drip from the left side? If so, It's probably not oil, if it's dripping from a hose just forward of your left boot. Sounds like the coolant to me. My mechanic buddy assured me that, after checking everything else, that this happens often, especially if you've recently topped up the coolant.
I might be completely WRONG but that's a possible diagnosis.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome

Hello and welcome, from another Tennesseean. :cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys! Nice to find such a great site with a community. Concerning the weep hole: (I may be mistaken on the actual name of it) The short hose against the kickstand has been leaking a bit of oil (and there's major (gas?) fumes pouring out of it after a ride), however; my main concern has been from under the crankcase after I changed the oil. I have circled in the attached picture with an arrow pointing at where the oil (and now coolant) are seeping out. It's a tiny slot on the right side of the bike that is silver. It is a very small amount coming out when the bike gets warmed up (and presumably seeps to some degree as it is ridden), as I can usually smell oil burning when I ride due to the residue on the heated crankcase.

I did overfill the oil but only slightly when I received the bike, and have since drained a bit out. However, after draining some, it first seemed to be leaking from the oil filter so I tightened it (over the 13 ft/lb spec, even). Then I noticed said droplets from that small slot underneath. I figure it's some kind of loose seal, but was wondering if I should park it until I can get it fixed? (Dumb question, I know... I'm not very mechanically-minded :D) Also, is it bad if oil is coming from the air box through that hose or will it clear itself up? Thanks for any help guys, I really appreciate it. I will copy this to some other threads when I have full access :)

Cheers

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts