Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a Versys and haven't ridden one. I have two bikes now, a KLX 250S and a 2005 FJR 1300. I started riding 3 years ago after about 30 years without a MC. My last was a CB750 and my first was a CL160 that I bought in Japan in 1966. I'm discovering, after owning the FJR for a year, that the FJR is more than I need. I'm not going to do any long distance touring and the heavy thing isn't as nimble as the KLX. I think the Versys would be good for my day street riding and may some runs down some dirt roads. I'll probably sell or trade the FJR to go that direction.
I live in Northwest Washington where the climate is tolerable for year around riding, with a headed vest and heated grips. My KLR that I got three years ago was good all around but to heavy for some more restricted single track. Anyhow I'm on this Forum to learn about the Versys and maybe trade for one.
Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
:welcome: Pull up a chair and enjoy!

BTW, I would love to find a KLX250SF in addition to my Versys. I love the 250cc machines but only for around town. I don't enjoy the 250cc bikes much above 50 MPH. Around town they are light and nimble and a hoot to ride.

·
Registered
194 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Versys really is a great commuter bike but with the amount of rain you guys get I would get something with ABS.
Thank you very much for the thought. I am retired and have the luxury to avoid riding in the rain. :thanx:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts