Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Versys rider here in Atlanta, Georgia. I've had my special order red one for about three weeks now:rolleyes: - the wife gave it to me as a birthday present. So far I'm lovin' this bike! I've been riding dirt bikes for about 5 years now. I got back into it about five years ago at 45, and my current dirt ride is a KTM 250xcw. Riding in the dirt once every two or three weeks just didn't satisfy my need to be on two wheels so I decided to give the street scene a try. Once the decision was made I quickly realized that I didn't want to be another old guy on a Harley (no disrespect intended), and I didn't want a bent over laying on the tank ride either. So the search began - and after much reading, looking, talking, soul searching and more reading here I am. There is not doubt that I made the right choice. This bike truly makes a day of riding FUN and will put a giant smile on your face every time you ride it:)!

And for what it's worth, it appears that the local dealers here in metro Atlanta really underestimated the demand for the Versys. I started looking in mid March and many of the dealers were already sold out!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome

Welcome! I had many of the same concerns that you expressed when choosing my current ride. I've got to say, the Versys really hits the spot. Your commit about the popularity of the Versys in Georgia was encouraging. That doesn’t seem to be the case here in Oklahoma - I'm not seeing any on the road yet. Nonetheless, I sure enjoy mine.

Peace

·
Registered
114 Posts
Enjoy northern Georgia, Lanesplitter! I bought a motorcycle trailer in Dahlonega a few years ago - and almost decided to stay there. It is really beautiful country. When you get tired of that territory, head into Tennessee, play arouind there, and turn west. Not too far along, you'll find yourself in my neighborhood: southern Illinois and the Shawnee National Forest. Miles and miles and miles of sweeping curves on gentle hills, so it's perfect for your new Versys.

Welcome to the forum!

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.