Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 08 V with 11,000 miles. It has Speedy's lowering kit and stand. It also came with a factory low seat. It has factory givi versus bags as well. I bought it on my way to the lake yesterday and really enjoyed the ride. Lots of power! I wasn't expecting that after riding a klr. Suspension was a little tight. I think I will remove the lowering kit, trade the low seat for a corbin and get a different windshield. I also have a R1200GS. I will post pictures when I get back from the lake. Glad to be a member here!

Choppastyle

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome. I'm in Hill Country at Wimberley for about a month with my new to me '08 Versys.

The suspension is a little tight on the Versys I think because there is a misprint in the owner's manual. The US manual specs the factory suspension settings for a "150 lb" rider. I think they carried that over from the Euro manual, but forgot to change the "lb" to "kg".

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Welcome from Cibolo (well, really Schertz since they're annexed our residantal community). We're just south of New Braunfels and not that far from at least part of the Hill Country. Good riding in our opinions.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts