Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time here and actually first time motorcycle rider. A friend of ours is selling his 2008 Versys 650 and I thought to finally act on my desire to get into motorcycle riding. Still have to do the mandatory BRC to get the motorcycle add-on to my drivers license, but that will be done shortly. I am actually doing it together with my wife. :smile2: She's getting a brand new Honda CB300F and I get the Versys. Hope that's OK to mention on a Kawasaki forum. :grin2:

Anyways, our friend is bringing the bike over tomorrow and I thought I better get up to speed on all things Versys and join the forum. Great to be here and learn a lot!

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
Welcome from Canada

:welcome:to the forum , please read;http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/5-member-introductions/205361-wizard-member-intro.html As to mentioning, this forum is extremely open, as long as you aren't trying to sell insurance or offer some Doctor Certification , no worries, there are even links to other forums, 99% of the members here are here for a reason, you will find UK Versys members here, AdvRider members here, and the list goes on!!

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome: & A Big Howdy from a Ft.Worth boy .....:grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Appreciate the warm welcome. :) Already looked at that link and hopefully have everything set up correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:welcome: & A Big Howdy from a Ft.Worth boy .....:grin2::grin2:
Awesome! My big first adventure after taking the BRC is to go pick up my wife's bike in Tyler, about 1 1/2 hour away. She doesn't have her's done yet, so don't want to get her into trouble bringing it back. But from there on, it's going to be the Versys for me!

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Awesome! My big first adventure after taking the BRC is to go pick up my wife's bike in Tyler, about 1 1/2 hour away. She doesn't have her's done yet, so don't want to get her into trouble bringing it back. But from there on, it's going to be the Versys for me!

Been awhile since I've been home. Could really go for some good BBQ, Tex-Mex or a Chicken Fried Steak...But for now I'll just rough it out here in SoCal...>:)>:)

Tuesdays Ride To Grizzly Cafe by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010685 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010615 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome from Friendswood TX. I purchased a 2008 a couple of months ago and I love it. It's a lot of bike for a noob, so BE CAREFUL, but enjoy

Randy

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

MORE 'gratuitous' pics like "weljo" posted:

St. Simeon, QC

on the Florence/Kelvin Hwy in AZ

and Inuvik, NWT Canada.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts