Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All, Thanks for having me! My name is Steve. I do not currently own a Versys, but am planning an adventure and this bike has caught my eye!

Heres my story:
I work in a commercial fishery in AK in the summers, this summer I want to buy a bike in Anchorage and ride it home (Mass... 4700mi ish) It is kinda hard to buy a bike sight unseen in a city a few thousand miles away. adn I want to get everything straightened out before I leave in a week, so when I return from the fishing season (july 20th, i wil have little to no communication while on the water) I can grab the bike and GO:)

So i have been trolling the the Anchorage CL adds and other sites and just came across a 08 Versys with 1600mi. for $4k. Now part of my plan (saddly an important part) is that I will sell the bike after my trip to try and recoup some of the investment. Any thoughts on a) a big tour on e Versys, and b) is this a good deal? I assume i will have to eat something of a premium buying the bike in Alaska.

thanks for the input folks! with any luck, i will be purchasing a new to me Versys soon!

Thanks again, Steve

·
Registered
195 Posts
if youre doing that long of a trip, you might want to check out some of the seat mods and have those done while youre waiting. Where in Mass are you from?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Sounds like an adventure for sure. The Canadian Rockies are on my list of places to ride so I'd be riding through there. The price sounds pretty good, especially in AK. Ride safe and enjoy. (Thanks for catching my dinner!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Y'all Thanks for the help and advice! And Bones, you are welcome! Thanks for supporting my trade!

Well it seems that was a great price in AK because it was sold within a couple hours of being posted, so sadly I missed out. Looks like I will be picking up an 05 V Strom 650 instead... Happy (and safe) ride folks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts