Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some stator issues on my 09 650, sounds like a relatively common problem. Looks like I need to make a few intro posts! Bought my kawi in 2015 with 400 miles on it, now up to 12k. Still runs solid except for this darn stator issue (two tows in one day = no fun at all).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems like a good crew around here, looking forward to learning a thing or two!

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
My 09 is still running with the original stator with 60K km on the Odo. Maybe high time to get it replaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another Greeting from Charlotte NC

Just joined Forum. Was searching for some answers regards my repeated stator failures on 2011 650, purchased in 2013, now with 22k miles. Failed last summer, so replaced stator and regulator. Just failed again last week. I found my answer here in multiple threads--I need to put in new stator and new Series Polaris regulator which I just ordered off Ebay. Makes sense--I commute in stop and go traffic in 90deg F weather--stator gets pretty hot.
I especially thank onewizard for all his expertise. I wonder why Kawi continue to install such poor OEM design (probably $$), but really bad business to keep installing bad OEM parts with such frequent failures. Thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, talk about a small world - wamaynard, I'm over in Indian Land, SC :D

Thanks for all the info, gents. Looks like I've got some homework to do!

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Lucky I caught Your Post/ Not a Spammer

Just joined Forum. Was searching for some answers regards my repeated stator failures on 2011 650, purchased in 2013, now with 22k miles. Failed last summer, so replaced stator and regulator. Just failed again last week. I found my answer here in multiple threads--I need to put in new stator and new Series Polaris regulator which I just ordered off Ebay. Makes sense--I commute in stop and go traffic in 90deg F weather--stator gets pretty hot.
I especially thank onewizard for all his expertise. I wonder why Kawi continue to install such poor OEM design (probably $$), but really bad business to keep installing bad OEM parts with such frequent failures. Thanks again
You just gained a post count, also I hope you purchased a verified by me 4012941 Polaris, as there are numerous fake ones out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Onewizard I purchased Polaris Regulator-3Ph 50A Series 4016868 (was recommended by you on one of your earlier posts). I hope that works, plan to install it this weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts