Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes, that's very close to me, I live on a farm just south of town. PM me if you want to ride around here sometime, I'll show you the usual roads ridden around here and some hidden gems too.

My grampa was also 'country,' a farmer and born in the north of the province. He told me stories about living in a sod-roofed hut on the bald ass prairies before moving to a farm in southern Ontario. A tough old bird too- he climbed a forest ranger tower at 85 years old so he could take a photo. He approved of me riding motorcycles too.
Wow, this guy might be your neighbour. I'm hoping to go there Monday morning, do the paperwork at Service Ontario in Aylmer, and ride it home. I'd say let's meet for some twisty, hidden gem riding; but I'm going to be hustling back to Sarnia, as I only booked the morning off.

Happy to come back though!

Premium Member

Reactions: CanuckChris

Registered
Vx300
Cheers Canuck! I鈥檓 just across the river from you in the Detroit metro. I see a few local countrymen of yours sounded off. Hopefully travel will open again soon across the bluewater . I鈥檇 enjoy getting versys gang ride together.

Registered
Chris, I hope you got your V and that the friendly ladies at Service Ontario in Aylmer were helpful. They've always been kind to me there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Cheers Canuck! I鈥檓 just across the river from you in the Detroit metro. I see a few local countrymen of yours sounded off. Hopefully travel will open again soon across the bluewater . I鈥檇 enjoy getting versys gang ride together.
That would be sweet! I'm not sure what the border opening plan is... S'weird eh? The bridge has been closed to everything but truck traffic for so long, I kinda forget y'all are still there! :p (Kidding, of course. Can't live in a border town, and forget.)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Chris, I hope you got your V and that the friendly ladies at Service Ontario in Aylmer were helpful. They've always been kind to me there.
Woo hoo! I've got it!

They were very kind, Smiley! Nicer than their colleagues here in Sarnia. (At least some of them.)

I left Sarnia at 8am, met the awesome young farmer I bought from at Service Ontario for 10am. Easy dealing there, then over to the farm, suited up and blasted home.

My gosh, it can blast. I may have broken the speed limit once or twice on the way home. (Don't tell anyone.)

Had to go to work after I got it home. (Well, I did manage to change the oil, first.) Still at work, but itching to get home and head out for a toot. Tomorrow I have to head up the lake for work. Can hardly wait.

I am so glad I got this bike!

Registered
CBF1000 VFR800
Congrats on the new bike, Chris!! I'm new here too, so will have to post my own intro..... been to Sarnia many times and crossed the Blue Water Bridge....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts