Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove my swing arm over the winter to have a machine shop fix a damaged spool mount.

What is the best way to support the bike to do this?

·
Super Moderator
19,774 Posts
I made up this little adaptor out of wood, put it under my muffler, my V on front & rear stands, then jacked till the rear was supported. I also put two tie-downs between the handlebars and garage-door opener mount IN CASE it decided to roll over.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Expect having to handle the swingarm with the drive chain still looped in it, unless you cut the chain. You'll also need to remove front sprocket, unless you cut the chain.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would like to remove my swing arm over the winter to have a machine shop fix a damaged spool mount.

What is the best way to support the bike to do this?
My swing arm also has a damaged spool mount. The swing arm is very light. I will get both my spool mounts reinforced when I do mine.

·
Super Moderator
19,774 Posts
Expect having to handle the swingarm with the drive chain still looped in it, unless you cut the chain. You'll also need to remove front sprocket, unless you cut the chain.
I'm not sure why invader said you need to remove the front sprocket.... Here're 2 pics showing his message.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
The picture shows working on the swingarm close to the bike. Can you remove the chain from the sprocket and take the swingarm to the workbench?.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
You have to remove front sprocket, be it a 15T or 16T... You can always wrap the chain and leave it with the swingarm to have it repaired.

·
Super Moderator
19,774 Posts
The picture shows working on the swingarm close to the bike. Can you remove the chain from the sprocket and take the swingarm to the workbench?.
I guess you could, by removing the front sprocket (maybe THAT'S what invader meant...), then you could work on the bench. I admit I never thought of that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts