Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More info for all of you wrenching at home or just one to start to reach self-sufficiency.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just want to clarify something as I mistakenly followed these directions word for word when changing my front tire recently.

Contrary to the original poster's attached document, the front axle hex socket is 14 mm not 16 mm. A "Torx" T-70 will also work. Something mentioned in other threads (others I didn't see before this one :mad:) but not clarified here.

I found this out the hard way by ordering the 16 mm (hard enough to find) only to realize it's too big (after waiting a week for it to arrive in the mail). What's frustrating (as many of you know) is that these aren't sizes that are just laying around the average auto supply or hardware store. Even the local Kawasaki dealer didn't stock them.

Otherwise, the attachment is helpful, but based on the Ninja, not the Versys. I just wanted to put this here if anyone does like I did and finds this document and takes it word for word.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
I bought a set of metric allen 3/8 drive sockets from Harbor Freight for cheap, and been able to remove BOTH wheels. :thumb::thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts