Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a silly question but I am attempting to remove the front fender so I can clean it prior to gluing a fenda extenda on it.
How to I remove the small plastic clamps (3 of them) on the front fender that are holding the brake lines on?
I assume if I brute force it I will be breaking something.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Look on the back side where they come through. These usually have prongs that expand, and you can squeeze them together while pulling it out of the hole.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I didn't have to do anything when I put my Fenda extenda on but use the self enclosed double sided tape after test fitting several times, and holding it while I drilled for the four screws. Per the manufacturer they have no problems with this install---def. alot easier.
Good luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Brake Hose Clamps

I just enstalled my Fenda Extenda a few minutes ago and used a pair of long needle nosed pliers to squeeze the end of the clamp (inside of the fender) together. This allowed me to pull out the clamp. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I am faced with the exact same procedure for the same install.
My eyes are not the greatest and the light was not good.
But it appeared to me that they are solid and that pulling them out or squeezing them with needle nose pliers will damage them. I intended to buy three new ones. Then cut the old ones remove the fender. Do the Fender install. Then reassemble using the new ones. If you choose that approach the Part no. can be found here>

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/2055-kawasaki-2009-versys-KLE650-A9F/assemblies/41049

Idea's attachment methods here

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?p=136025#post136025

Just ordered
$27.50 for 3 clamps delivered
OUCH!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Split Ends - Not Hair

The clamps are split on the ends and can be removed with the needle nose pliers. I did not notice any damage or degraded "holding" ability when re-inserted. I should have taken a picture but was in a hurry to get the extender installed while the weather was nice.

·
Registered
901 Posts
If your just putting on a Fender extender just use 3M Double sided mounting tape. Cover the whole contact surface with it. Make sure under the fender is clean and press it on....No need to drill holes in the fender. Mine hasn't budged....
Good Luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Agree

The only reason I removed the hose clamps was to be able to remove the fender. With the fender removed it was much easier to clean the mounting surface and install the extender. I used the permanet outdoor tape as you suggest. I did the same and cut the tape into narrow strips to fill in between the provided tape.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I am going to spray my front fender black and this helps me out, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts