Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The snow has just gone enough that I has started riding my new '09 Versys. It is getting pretty dirty especially with the inadequate stock fenders

How do you guys keep your Vs clean. I find wiping with a wet cloth does not work so good on the matt surfaces...leaves streaks. Is it OK to blast it off at the local car wash?

Brian

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I go to my local quarter wash....works great.
many here in the Detroit area now have blower hoses so drying all the nooks and crannies on a motorcycle are a piece of cake now:D
:thumb:No spray or streaking from water trapped after I ride away.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
OR....you can find a couple of HOT BABES to do it for you I supopse....LMAO

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
High pressure car wash sprayer?:eek: Say bye to your wheel bearings.
Hey Blip',
right you are but I have presure control and pick carefully....and thanks for the concern.:thumb:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I also use the local do it yourself car wash. I live in an apartment complex so not much of a choice. Sometimes I go to my sis's house to do a more thorough hand wash.

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
If you have a pressure washer with the removal tips you can take a 4000psi unit down to less than a garden hose pressure just by putting in the correct tip. Theres a chart on page 6 of the catalog on the link below. Most car washes run there pressure between 900psi to 1200psi up to 1500psi is ok on car paint jobs but over that and your pressing your luck.

http://powerwash.com/DeluxProducts/DeluxBlasterCatalog.aspx

·
Registered
716 Posts
Here in Mexico I can get my bike hand-washed, and dried for about $2 to $3 US on just about any street corner. Some of them have pressure washers, and it's always worrisome where they're gonna point the nozzle, (at electronics or wheel bearings; also don't know if the chain is a vulnerable target for high pressure washing).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts