Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am kinda wondering, and maybe you folks that have owned dozens of bikes could help me. How do you actually "be nice" to your bikes tranny. These things wind up so much it just seems hard on it to shift at 8000 rpms or whatever. Should you wait for rpms to drop or what? Just a general concern i guess, i wanna make my versys last! aslo, is there any other specail care to take of it? is it bad to run at one rpm for long time even after the break in? ect. ect, if you know anything else please advize! i have only had one other bike so i am kindof new to this... Thanks! Tips please!

·
Registered
54 Posts
The beauty of a Japanese bike (I've had German, Japanese and American bikes), follow the break in, then keep the oil changed and enjoy!

·
Registered
76 Posts
The power band on the Versys is between 6000 and 8000 RPM's. In order to really enjoy the performance on this bike that is where she shines. Run a good full synthetic oil, I prefer Amsoil and ride it like you stole it. Ha Ha!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unlike the F and N models the versys makes its power all in the mid range ie from 3800 RPM and dropping off at about 8000 RPM. There is the same torque between this range and no use in over revving unless holding a gear for a nearing corner.

The same as any motor vehicle - Smooth equals les stress. A little throttle rev when down shifting will assist the motor to equalize when the clutch is released without any jerking or even compression locking up the rear.

Don't worry if you are minded to baby it then it will last you longer than a VFR750. If you are like me and ride harder then expect to ruin 1000 tyres before the motor. 2 year unlimited km warranty = peace of mind to me.

having said i've that I've 30 or sports and 20 odd dirties all raced and commuted on and never have i treated with the attitude i don't wanna wear this one out too soon.

I always maintain filters and fluids well but RIDE the hell out of them without over revving and have never had one from new with motor or gear box hassles due to my type of normal use. Don't treat it like a baby its a motor bike designed to rev and ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts