Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Those are Wellnuts. They expand in the hole and are a bitch to get out. They are easier to push through but you run the risk of them falling into the black hole inside. It is a M5 Wellnut available from Kawasaki for $5 or ebay for about $0.50.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
As stated, the best thing to do is get some more wellnuts to fill the blank holes and be done with it. Amazon has some too IF you have time to wait.Then you can expirament with different positions with out too much hassle. But be warned IF you are 6' or taller the OEm screen will NOT work right in any position. At least it didn't for me. Man seeing your bike all stock looking brings me back to this spring when my bike looked like that right after I picked it up. It sure soes NOT look stock anymore......

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Most motorcycle shops carry packs of them in the sportbike dept. I keep a couple of packs on hand as they are cheap enough.

I found a pair of plyers and a shot or windex of 409 will let me pull them out without too much trouble. Just don't BFI it OK? take your time and work them and they'll loosen up.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Check out the Givi. Works well for me, I'm right at 6' Just don't run it in the most upright position...it'll buffet you SENSELESS within 10 miles at speed! ;)

Oh yeah..Welcome to the board. Enjoy your new Versys.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Try just taking the windshield off and riding that way and see how it feels. Especially riding in Florida. I filled all the holes with additional well nuts.
True that!

Too hot for a Billboard windshield...even the the little factory thing is too much at times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts