Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

How often do you change your engine oil/filter?

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you change your oil/filter?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Regardless of how many miles you put on it during the riding season?

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
On the Versys oil every 3000 miles or so. Oil Filter Never........

·
Registered
154 Posts
Was changing every 3,000 using Mobil 1 4t. My mechanic was like hey man give that oil instead throwing out I will put in my bike for another 5. lol
So now I am going 5,000 between changes, Editing because I re-read some of the post, and relized that I will change it out every season even if I do not get 5,000 on the odometer.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I liked Invader's answer. Thats more my style even though I have changed the oil without changing the filter mid-season I am probably accomplishing nothing but consuming 1.7L of oil. That is not a bad downside actually.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I checked 3000 miles, but I'm comfortable letting it go till about 5000 miles, since I use synthetic. I change the filter with every oil change.

And, before you ask, coolant gets flushed/changed every other year!:) With silicate-free stuff. I usually just get the motorcycle premix stuff.

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
I change both at either 5,000 miles or at 8,000 kms. My "reminder" is the odometer: in AZ if the 'thousands' end in either '5' or '0' it's time to change (ie= 25,000 or 30,000); and in BC if the 'thousands' end in something divisible by '8' (ie= 40,000 or 48,000, etc) it's time to change.

That way I don't need to look for my records of WHEN I last did it. (Learned this from one of my "hot rod" chums.)

:goodidea:

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Twice a year.

Drain and refill in fall.

New Filter and drain and refill in Spring.

Or vice versa.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts