Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to my dealer and they have still have a brand new 2013 Versys.

Their price was $4,999 out the door.

Is this a good deal or could I do better?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
When you say OTD, do you mean you hand over the cash and ride away with no other money out of your pocket for taxes, registration, title, etc.?

If so, then I think that is a good deal if that is the model and color you want. You might be able to find a green `14 for around the same if you really want ABS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't thinking it is not out the door. That is price before taxes and all that good stuff. Its $4,999 for just the bike.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Where you are in the Lower 48 and how saturated the bike market is in your specific area plays a BIG part in pricing. LAST January in Alaska I paid $6K OTD for my leftover NEW 2011 set up with a set of $350 ADV tires already installed. I felt that was a decent price. I believe with all the new 2015's showing up dealers are wanting to push out all the Gen 2 bikes you should have some haggling room with the OTD price.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I just went to my dealer and they have still have a brand new 2013 Versys.

Their price was $4,999 out the door.

Is this a good deal or could I do better?
If that is a white (or blue) 2013, that is a great deal. OTD means you ride it out and they only have a $100 tag and title cost (not including your home County's sales tax.)

That is probably the best deal for any I've heard new, imo. Of course I like that model better than 2014 and maybe 2015: Gen 1 and 2's are proven and I like Gen 2's body style better - more unique.

Where are you from, the SE USA? Lucky guy! Get the offer on paper first, like others said: to the penny, because it's just bs until then :D

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
if you got the money get it .... i see used ones going for not much less then that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the advice. I am currently in talks with the shop, this is in the Midwest. I am not in a rush to get one so if it sells while I play hard to get I will just get a newer model.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Thanks for all the advice. I am currently in talks with the shop, this is in the Midwest. I am not in a rush to get one so if it sells while I play hard to get I will just get a newer model.
So it's like here in California? OTD = $5K + $4k dealer markup, lol?

The midwest has a short selling season, so the dealer knows that as well.
Get the Kelly Blue book value online, which is what your value will be the exact second you drive off the dealer's lot the first time.

Realistically, tell them there are several 2500 mile used(new) bikes on the market which you are close to (being in the center of the Eastern US.) If you have the money and don't need the dealer financing, tell them to suck it because they are just wasting your time.

Anyway, bikes have a short life from where you are at, so new ones are rarely justifiable anyway.

What color is it?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
So it's like here in California? OTD = $5K + $4k dealer markup, lol?

The midwest has a short selling season, so the dealer knows that as well.
Get the Kelly Blue book value online, which is what your value will be the exact second you drive off the dealer's lot the first time.

Realistically, tell them there are several 2500 mile used(new) bikes on the market which you are close to (being in the center of the Eastern US.) If you have the money and don't need the dealer financing, tell them to suck it because they are just wasting your time.

Anyway, bikes have a short life from where you are at, so new ones are rarely justifiable anyway.

What color is it?
Actually, around here the banks use NADA to determine value. KBB can vary quite a bit from NADA.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
$5000 seems to be the price. Wife paid $4900 I'm looking at a '14 for $4750
Yeah, you just are not going to touch a new/nearly new 2012 and up Vs. 650 for $5K with any model of any make motorcycle.

I think it's the very best at any price, so the value deal makes it twice as nice. A Supermoto tourer with a midrange cam screams $10k to me in value.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The bike is blue. Once I get a paycheck I will decide if I'm getting the new one or if I will hunt for one of these low mileage used ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts