Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,438 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of an Alaskan Honda "crotch-rocket" that I saw at D2D 2016, in Dawson City, YT.

P6164989 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

P6164990 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Heading out to Alaska after D2D was over, I saw that Honda on "Top of the World" Hwy w/ the rider taking some video from an airborne 'drone' (he later posted up a PDG video he took), then saw him again at the "Customs shack" at the border.

P6185024 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Here's the pic I took just BEFORE the ABOVE pic w/ the Honda and his buddies.

P6185022 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

And this one in Chicken, AK, a few hours later!

P6185029 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

When I started riding in the early '60s, there was NO SUCH THING as 'adventure bikes'. You just took whatever you had and rode it WHEREVER YOU WANTED TO GO.

Rode lots of trails w/ my two 650 Triumphs, and some of it 'two-up' w/ my girlfriend on the back.

T'bird5 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

T'bird2 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

(y)(y)

:cool:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I ran Shinko Raven 009s. Served me well on an any hard pack surface as well as gravel roads.
glad those 009s served you well, but there's no way they would work for me. besides, they're not available in the sizes i run.

price point tire, low cost which is always helpful.

·
Super Moderator
20,438 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
After much research online, I dropped on the SHINKO 705’s 3 weeks ago after wearing out my street tires. I did some dirt/gravel with the street tires and it sucked. I have put about 600-700 miles on the Shinkos with combined riding and man what a difference they have made off the pavement. Very confidence inspiring!

I’ll be adding another couple hundred mixed miles on them again this weekend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,438 Posts
I find that the SHINKO E705 tire works PDG on pavement TOO...!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts