Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Depends on a number of factors. Your age, location and driving record affect the rate the most. Me?, Live in Denver, Colorado, 55 Yo, Married with a clean driving record. $216.00 a year. State Farm, who has my house and car too. $100,000/$300,000, $1000. deductible though...

·
Registered
775 Posts
230 with Progressive, that also includes 15K medical and tow service, 500 deduct...57, clean DMV...Some riders don't know that clubs like AAA don't tow bikes or it is an additional fee...I'm an AMA member and it comes with some kind of tow service, I just don't want to find out "what kind".

·
Registered
262 Posts
$313/yr full coverage ($50,000 personal injury and $25,000 Property Damage) Nationwide with $1000 deduct. I'm 35 and in the uninsured-motorist capital of the universe. :censored:

By the way I believe the AMA offers road-side assistance/towing with their premium membership - which if I recall is a basic $39/year membership with auto-renew. Have to check the fine print on that though but it got a thumbs up in Cycle World a couple months back. :thumb:

·
Registered
582 Posts
245 a year, full coverage, 500 deduct., 50 years old, clean driving record, State Farm Ins.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am similar to Randy49. I do have a few cars, homeowners, and an umbrella policy with them also (Allstate).

·
Registered
83 Posts
mines more and most on here because i'm 26 and this is my first year riding. well anyway i;m paying 1200 a year with geico and that is also the place i insure me car as well

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
230 with Progressive, that also includes 15K medical and tow service, 500 deduct...57, clean DMV...Some riders don't know that clubs like AAA don't tow bikes or it is an additional fee...I'm an AMA member and it comes with some kind of tow service, I just don't want to find out "what kind".
Progressive is the one who said $450. That was with 2 other bikes already in.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Mine is $216.00 with Progressive.

It was $450.00, until about 6 months ago, but they recently re-classified the Versys down from crotch rocket to street bike or something similar and rates were cut in half.

When it first came out I tried to get it classified as a dual sport (it used to be on the Kawasaki.com website), but Progressive tagged it as a sport bike.

Machog

·
Super Moderator
19,393 Posts
For PL, PD, fire and theft I was paying Jevco $180/yr for 15,000/25,000. Now I'm paying Dairyland $180/yr for 250,000/500,000. :thumb: (As a result of one you fine chaps posting about them...!) :goodidea:
Ed :cheers:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just got my bill from State Farm (who have my house and car too), $192.00 per year. 1K deduct 100,000/300,00. Married 55 YO. Good record. Had a BMW 1150 GS a couple years ago that cost me about $500. a year. Love my V!

8 Posts
I'm just not sure about this..

51yrs/male
clean record, married, own home, etc.
500ded coll
500ded comp
25/50/10 liab
10/20 unins motorist
Louisiana

Progressive Insurance:
My YamWR250R is $168 year, pretty realistic.
Quoting a 2nd cycle now...2008 Versys....same coverage... is an additional $612/year??? I called them and of course customer service couldn't tell me anything specific.

Is Louisiana that far out of whack with what I see in this thread? Jeez!

·
Registered
258 Posts
$420 a year with AAA. Not sure on deductible or coverage, I just know it is exactly the same as my car. I also get a hundred to two hundred of it back because I store it for half the winter.

Record: Clean except for one claim last year
Grouped on the same as my parent's house, all their cars.

Middle of no where MI, so I am sure that helps a ton compared to you guys. We also have it listed as a dual sport, since we didn't know what to classify it as.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine is $275 per year with Progressive. I'm 50 and have all my vehicles with them. Looks like the rates vary quite a bit by state.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Progressive, $252/yr, 49y/o, $500 deductible, $100K/$300K, MSF discount, less than stellar driving record and I insure three other motorcycles with them.

This question came up on another mail list I'm on and from what I saw there, Texas and New York state are two of the more expensive places to buy automotive insurance. I recall a 55y/o gentleman from TX with a clean driving record insuring a 750 VFR was paying $550/yr.

Nikki

·
Registered
109 Posts
I must be living right. The V is $108 a year full coverage, no deductible, uninsured motorist, fire, theft, $1000 accessory rider.

We are paying $420 per year for all four bikes with the same coverage.

08 Versys
08 Vulcan 500
97 Concours
79 KZ650 C3

50, married, clean record (now;)) same company (Allstate) for bikes, car, truck and house. My local agent also rides so she knows what I want.

I do live in a rural area with little crime.

Dan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts