Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Farkled and not, naked and dressed, stock exhaust and the latest ti wonders. These make for lots of discussion and no real facts.......let's find out. Show your steed and its weight so we can all compare. I will hit the scales tomorrow and get the show on the road.

:cheers:
Bob

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You can go to quarry

Usually, if you don't want a proof of the weight, the clerk will give you a free verbal notice and off you go

Just don't go at a busy moment

LOP

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
When we first got my wife's cruiser rode it down to the weighbridge at the local rubbish dump, if you ask nicely most people don't have a problem helping out.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
My scales only go to 280 lbs. ...And they are up in the bathroom.

Where do you go to weigh your bike?
Couldn't you weigh just the front wheel, then roll it off the scale and then weigh the rear wheel? Add the 2 numbers....

·
Registered
739 Posts
I probably could, but I think I would have a hard time getting my V up the flight of stairs and immediately around the corner. :p

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
I probably could, but I think I would have a hard time getting my V up the flight of stairs and immediately around the corner. :p
Think of the fun you would having trying to get to the bathroom, inside adventure bike whoopeee

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm really curious how much does my V. weigh but have no idea where to do it.

Approximately: 180kg dry + 15kg of petrol + 3kg of oil/fluids + 10/15kg of metal accessories + 10kg hard top bag + 20kg soft saddlebag + 80kg of me + 10kg gear ≈ 330kg

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Farkled and not, naked and dressed, stock exhaust and the latest ti wonders. These make for lots of discussion and no real facts.......let's find out. Show your steed and its weight so we can all compare. I will hit the scales tomorrow and get the show on the road.

:cheers:
Bob
So, how much does she weigh??

·
Registered
665 Posts
Also check out fertilizer suppliers and other farm supply places.

·
Registered
5 Posts
a 2009 bike with givi v35 panniers and hepco and becker 42ltr gobi topbox, low gel seat and including a full tank of fuel on the scales at exactly 200 kgs

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I believe the U.K. still does use Pounds & Pence and all those other weirdly confusing units for their monetary system. OTOH, we in the U.S. have the good sense to base our dollar on the decimal system... Which leads one to wonder why we’re still left trying to figure out what size socket comes after a 9/32” :confused:

·
Registered
739 Posts
AFAIK there are 100 pence in a pound sterling, which looks rather decimal to me.

To answer the socket question:
You first have to determine if the 9/32 is in wet or dry inches (like "Cups"). If dry, then figure if you go by the American ("Imperial") dry inch, or the slightly larger English ("avoirdupois") dry inch.
If wet, just divide by the constant factor of 0.91896472.

There, done.

Screw the metric system, this is so much easier.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Metric money :D

After 9/32 is 10/32 = 5/16

A 5/8" (15.875 mm) socket/wrench is handy when you don't have a 16 mm, and a 14 mm (8.82/16) is great for a 9/16" bolt/nut.

Metric vehicles still have wheels of imperial diameter and width, for tires of imperial diameter and metric width. :huh:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts