Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The UK is facing the implementation of record prices for petrol and diesel. Soon it will be in the region of UK£1.37 per litre for petrol....:eek: - diesel's around UK£1.46. How does this compare with you guys in North America, Far East, Oz and NZ? Now, how shall I get to work today?? Beemer at 22 mpg or Versys at 55 mpg?? Mmmm, tough one that...! Sure makes you appreciate how frugal the V can be...! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
In the SF Bay Area we have high gas prices (highest in the States that is). Right now its $4.39 a gallon.

CJ

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Lynn Haven, Florida

Today in the Florida panhandle, regular gasoline stands at $3.63 per U.S. Gallon.
That converts to $0.96 per liter or £0.60 per liter or €0.73 per liter.

Computations:
- 1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liters (rounded to 3.79)
- Gallon Price divided by 3.79 equals dollars per liter
- Convert dollars per liter to British pounds - http://www.dollars2pounds.com
- Convert dollars per liter to Euros - http://www.dollars2euro.com/

·
Registered
612 Posts
Our gas in Vancouver just took a big jump recently. Right now we pay $1.41/litre which is
€1.88/litre or £2.24

·
Registered
55 Posts
Paying $4.05/gallon here in SW Washington.

Always hard to really compare prices when the tax rates are so different. Washington has one of the highest gas taxes in the states which is roughly $0.55 of the price (14%).
Last time I researched it (which was awhile ago), 60% of the price in the UK was taxes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Our gas in Vancouver just took a big jump recently. Right now we pay $1.41/litre which is
€1.88/litre or £2.24
I think you converted the opposite way, should read £0.89 per litre or €1.07 per litre.

·
Registered
181 Posts
In the SF Bay Area we have high gas prices (highest in the States that is). Right now its $4.39 a gallon.
I was down in Laguna Beach this weekend, and 87 was going for $4.54. That was the high water mark for L.A. back before the bottom fell out in '08. We're at $4.35 and climbing where I'm at....

·
Premium Member
7,875 Posts
We pay RM1.90 for RON 95 and about RM 2.90 for RON 97. ( conversion rate is USD @ 3.20).That's less than USD 1 per litre.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
At the Chevron two blocks from my house is $4.31 for 87 octane and at costco 87 octane is $4.04 that is here in Sacramento,Ca

That's per gallon today by this afternoon I am sure it will go up. Prices have jumped almost 80 cents per gallon in the last three weeks

·
Registered
156 Posts
As of this evening 3.74 for 87 octane at Racetrac. I found a gas station with Ethanol Free gas at 4.16 cash price for 90 octane.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts