Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i am doing a 4 day 3 nights away ride in the middle of winter thought I better get that really fast orange beast some TLC.

Bike air cleaner has been cleaned three times in it 28,000km life and first and last time by me, it was done by a mechanic at 23,000km when he changed plugs and checked valves.

I would presume as long as filter not torn you could clean and re oil as many times as you like.

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
Phil - I would agree with you. Now, why do you (and others) do that with your gas tank when working around it? The detachment procedure for the fuel-line is DEAD EASY, and just requires a standard (slot) screwdriver of about 1/4" width to 'disengage' the fuel-line-lock. When I see what you and others do, I'm concerned that you could easily end up with your gas-tank falling, breaking the fuel line, and denting hell out of the tank.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I clean my air filter a couple of times a year and I think it'll probably last the life of the bike. I actually have 2 OEM filters (for convenience - so I don't have to wait for one to dry after cleaning it, before putting the bike back together), and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to ebay them when the bike finally dies!

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
Maybe his gas tank was full and he didn't want to drain it
When I adjusted the valves on the Green Hornet a few weeks ago, it had a full tank MINUS the 13 kms from the gas station, and I removed it. NO biggie, and I REALLY don't want to break that plastic fuel-line fitting....:badidea:

Nope, just lazy as it was half full and found it just as easy to put petrol tank against workbench.
IMO, If it's not torn, it can be reused....
I agree. :exactly:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts