Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be changing tires this weekend and curious how many ounces of BB's one needs
to place in the tire.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I don't know about BB's but you put 2 oz of Dynabeads in the front and 3 oz in the rear. That's what I run and it's great. Perfect balance. I would think that BB's would create quite a racket.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plastic BB's.

I've used dynabeads in my truck tires, just looking for something a little more economical.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I would guess that you would use the same amount. If you didn't put them in when you mounted the tire I don't think you can get them in through the Valve Stem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Speaking of DynaBeads. Do they make you feel and hear like you have a faulty wheel bearing? Just mounted new tires last week and put less then 200 miles on them because of the noise and feel.
Bike rides very smooth. Mounted Bridgeston Battlax bt-016 very stickey by the way.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I would be worried about copper BBs wearing the inside of the tire. Could be wrong, but it seems like a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Speaking of DynaBeads. Do they make you feel and hear like you have a faulty wheel bearing? Just mounted new tires last week and put less then 200 miles on them because of the noise and feel.
Bike rides very smooth. Mounted Bridgeston Battlax bt-016 very stickey by the way.
This is the first time I've heard that. I've used DynaBeads for several years and have never experienced the faulty wheel bearing syndrome. All I can say is that if you can feel and hear that, you've got a lot better senses than I have.

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts
This is the first time I've heard that. I've used DynaBeads for several years and have never experienced the faulty wheel bearing syndrome. All I can say is that if you can feel and hear that, you've got a lot better senses than I have.
I'm with Don - Dyna-Beads work for me, tubeless AND in tubes, though I use 1 oz front, 2 rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts