Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering .....do the valves need adjusting...if so how often ??......how much $$$$$...does the stealers charge for regular service..thanks kudzoo.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Okay, you owe me. I cracked open my owner's manual to page 87 and it's the 2nd item listed. The inspection is due at 15,000 miles. Frankly, I'd be surprised if you needed to swap a shim before about 30,000 miles or so.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank's don......don't need no high mant.bike again........gonna look at one soon !!......thanks again.

·
Registered
440 Posts
No problem, I've never done a valve clearance inspection/adjustment myself and I have no way of know if the dealer ever actually does anything. I mean, I drop off the bike wait a day and then pick it up. What keeps them from sticking the bike in a corner, pronouncing it fine and charging me one arm and one leg for "service".

I guess I'm just too jaded.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is called a Wall Job. Park it over by the wall til' the guy comes back. It happens way too often. I know they did me that way on my KLR. I had the valve cover marked. They didn't like the results either. Never going back there.

No problem, I've never done a valve clearance inspection/adjustment myself and I have no way of know if the dealer ever actually does anything. I mean, I drop off the bike wait a day and then pick it up. What keeps them from sticking the bike in a corner, pronouncing it fine and charging me one arm and one leg for "service".

I guess I'm just too jaded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts