Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in time for DrGonzo's post, in which he asks what it's like to ride 2-up on a 2015 650 LT, I'm asking the same question about the 2015 Versys 1000 LT.

Has anyone gone on a multiday trip, two-up, on the V1000 LT? If so, what did the pilot and the pillion think?

On DrGonzo's thread, alba says his girlfriend sat on the back at the IMS and gave it thumbs-up for comfort, but I'm looking for comments from people who have ridden the V1000 LT two-up for a few hundred miles.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Just in time for DrGonzo's post, in which he asks what it's like to ride 2-up on a 2015 650 LT, I'm asking the same question about the 2015 Versys 1000 LT.

Has anyone gone on a multiday trip, two-up, on the V1000 LT? If so, what did the pilot and the pillion think?

On DrGonzo's thread, alba says his girlfriend sat on the back at the IMS and gave it thumbs-up for comfort, but I'm looking for comments from people who have ridden the V1000 LT two-up for a few hundred miles.

Anyone?
My wife hasn't gone a few hundred miles, but I have. For the short rides we've done together, she thought the seat was the most comfortable she has experienced and we've owned a lot of bikes. I like it too, but I suspected its showroom softness would lead to monkey butt in the long run. For me it did. Funny thing was, it would burn for a while and then I'd feel fine again. Usually, when I get monkey butt, only stopping for the day eased the discomfort.

The bike has a high center of gravity and putting someone way up high behind you only makes it worse. No biggie when riding above a walking pace, but low speed maneuvering can be a little tricky. Best to have your passenger know not to move around much back there when you're starting and stopping or riding through a parking lot looking for a space.

At highway speeds, my wife did mention that she was getting substantial wind blast. I'll need to get a bigger/better windscreen before we do any distance riding. I'm hoping V-Stream brings out a screen for it. I was very happy with my last one on an FJR. Made a huge improvement over stock. I've heard good things about MRA screens too.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Thanks, Weljo! I thought I had mad Google skillz, but my googling had not turned that up.

That guy is a member here. He posted that on the TWT Forum that i'm also on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts