Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for info on how or what requirements it takes to get a working card thing for a close family member who is currently in Oregon on a friends farm but would like to stay and work?
:feedback:

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
FWIW - here's a list of people NOT eligible for US green cards in the 'lottery' which I just copied from...
http://www.win-usa-green-card.com/US_GreenCard_Lottery.html#countries

Almost every country in the world is in the Green Card Lottery. However, the following countries are excluded from participating in this year's Green Card Lottery:
- Bangladesh
- Brazil
- Canada
- China (mainland-born) *
- Colombia
- Dominican Republic
- Ecuador
- El Salvador
- Haiti
- India
- Jamaica
- Mexico
- Nigeria
- Pakistan
- Philippines
- Peru
- South Korea
- Vietnam
- United Kingdom and its dependent territories **

I don't see Oz in there, but you never know. I saw a list one year that showed the PREFERRED countries. It was quite amazing to see so many countries in which English is not spoken, very little education, and mostly Muslim.
THAT list did NOT include most of the educated, English-speaking, Christian countries such as Canada, UK, Oz, etc.

·
Banned
895 Posts
Tell him to do what I did!
Marry a Yank, then divorce her after 2yrs!.....Seriously though, it's not easy, & it's not cheap.
He could get an extended work visa if he can prove he's doing a worthwhile job then maybe apply for citizenship.

·
Registered
774 Posts
You don't need a green card in Oregon. Just tell them not to bathe and smoke a joint each morning and they will fit right in.

·
Premium Member
16,109 Posts
Tell him to learn spanish and they'll just leave him alone...Here in Loco Angeles the Sheriff wants to allow illegals to be able to drive to and from work using a library card as ID.....WTF..

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you guys are funny, he comes back to NZ end of may before his 3 months is up, he is working on trying to get someone offer and sponsor him close to where he is staying with our friends then he will try and get the correct paper work at the American embassy in Auckland, NZ so he can go back to the states.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts