Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm receiving my black 2007 Versys next week. The wheels are silver and I want to have them painted black like a europeen version I saw. How can you remove the wheels without a center stand?? Any help is welcome.
Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
stand

I would think that u would need a front and rear sport bike stand..so u can remove the wheels..u plan on painting them yourself or taking them to a shop?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think that u would need a front and rear sport bike stand..so u can remove the wheels..u plan on painting them yourself or taking them to a shop?
I would probably sand them down and then bring them to a shop to have it professionaly painted.

Here's what I want it to look like:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kawa007,

You can use an old plastic milk crate or get something similar at Wal-mart that will support your bike. What I would do is once you get either of those crates do it on the grass where you can use stakes to stake it down with rope or ties which will keep the bike stable.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've got a Passion Red Versys and want to do the same thing!:thumb:

Still unsure on procedure of how to get the wheels off.:confused: I know how to stand it up , but noone gave a good answer on how to remove them from the bike.... Any certain order recommended?

I'm going to scuff them up really well and spray with Black Duplicolor Metallic Wheel Paint for Aluminum Wheels. I've used it before on my Jeep Rubicon and they came out great!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Easy.
Put a house-brick under the side stand. Flat down on the floor about 8cm thick. You need an assistant to hold the bike as it is now leaning away from the side stand at quite an angle. Put a pad of rag in the cup of a car-tyre trolley hydraulic jack. Put this under the mounting for the footrest on the RHSide. Jack it up. Both wheels come off the ground but it is not quite balanced, front down. It is very solid and stable. Cut a long piece of wood to wedge under the steering head to the floor to allow front wheel off at same time as reer wheel.
Ted99uk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've got a Passion Red Versys and want to do the same thing!:thumb:

Still unsure on procedure of how to get the wheels off.:confused: I know how to stand it up , but noone gave a good answer on how to remove them from the bike.... Any certain order recommended?

I'm going to scuff them up really well and spray with Black Duplicolor Metallic Wheel Paint for Aluminum Wheels. I've used it before on my Jeep Rubicon and they came out great!
hey willieflo...did u prime the wheels before u painted them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.