Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my brand-new 650 is still sitting as a prisoner of the Port of Seattle, I was wondering how the bikes are actually shipped from overseas (Thailand right?) to the US ports. Are they crated in some way and then packed into containers for standard container shipping, or is there some other special way that they are shipped to us? Cars arrive by specialty auto-carrier ships but I've always wondered about our bikes. Inquiring minds want to know :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Since my brand-new 650 is still sitting as a prisoner of the Port of Seattle, I was wondering how the bikes are actually shipped from overseas (Thailand right?) to the US ports. Are they crated in some way and then packed into containers for standard container shipping, or is there some other special way that they are shipped to us? Cars arrive by specialty auto-carrier ships but I've always wondered about our bikes. Inquiring minds want to know :)
I think Kawasaki is just flushing out all the Green 2014's. (Just kidding of course)

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Generally, it takes 15 to 20 9 year olds three months of hard rowing to get a container over here. Sometimes, the youths complain and threaten mutiny, but an extra bowl of rice quiets them down.

:joke:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts