Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Versys yesterday and noticed quite a bit of heat coming onto my inner calf/shin area. I saw a review where this was mentioned as well. Does anybody have a fix for this or am I just trippin?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Don't hug the tank with your knees. Give yourself about an inch gap and get some airflow.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good fix! I may try drilling some holes in the plastic radiator shrouding to see if that would create like a cross ventilation effect. I'll report back if it helps any. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wear Leathers!

I listened to people complain about the heat on the old BMW K100RS for years and couldn't figure out what they were talking about. I had ridden mine for thousands of miles and never felt any excess heat whatsoever. Well one day I went for a ride with jeans on and to my amazement I felt HEAT! I had always worn leathers before that......and after that....and never felt any heat at all. The leather protected me completely from the excess heat and I wasn't even aware of it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
IMHO the Versys puts out a lot less heat than other bikes, IE my old FZ1, my dirt bike (TE450) etc. The exhaust location helps, and the small motor/radiator. Yeah, you can feel the heat sometimes, but it's bearable at least. Not so with some other bikes out there (when stopped with engine running, you'll be sweating for sure!)....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts