Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
another beast like the S10, with spoked & tubeless wheels.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Wonder what it weighs? Could you lift it if you dropped it? (I'd have to flag down someone..heh)

·
Registered
198 Posts
How to lift your bike.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hahahahahhaah Markk9, priceless :thumb:

Another useless beast for the highways or for the outside of the cafeterias(common use of south Europe, that i am from)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Guess I just need a big girl to lift that bike (with all the luggage, etc).:goodluck:

·
Registered
859 Posts
That is not a good way to lift a bike!

If you can not 'dead lift' it you should wait for someone to help you.

This topic has been completely derailed.
That is how much this new Honda is inconspicuous.

Sorry Stlee. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Good thing the Ninja vlog gal wasn't demonstrating firearm usage....:eek:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I guess I'll retract my earlier slam on this bike; it's starting to look interesting. If, as I read, it has the same V4 with the dual clutch auto matic. I checked out the VFR last month, and it's a nice bike when you see it in person. I can see the benefit of going clutchless with paddle shift or auto, especially in city riding. But the cost is going to be very high, I am sure.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I guess I'll retract my earlier slam on this bike; it's starting to look interesting. If, as I read, it has the same V4 with the dual clutch auto matic. I checked out the VFR last month, and it's a nice bike when you see it in person. I can see the benefit of going clutchless with paddle shift or auto, especially in city riding. But the cost is going to be very high, I am sure.
I had the opportunity to test two VFR1200F's, one with a regular clutch and one with the dual clutch, last fall in Vermont. (All the details here if anyone's interested.) I came away very favorably impressed with the technology. The VFR is too raked over for my taste, but the Crosstourer has much more upright ergos, along the lines of the Versys. As I understand the Crosstourer was introduced as a concept bike so it's not like we can rush down to our local Honda dealer and take one out for a spin. Hopefully that will change because I could be interested in a bike like that.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sure looks like it's aimed at competing with BMW's GS1200A and Yamaha's new Tennere.

I suppose since it's a 'concept' bike it'll be availabel in Europe in about 2013, then in roughly 2017 they'll bring it to the US.:mad:

Probably cost $17K, too! lol

·
Registered
770 Posts
Sure looks like it's aimed at competing with BMW's GS1200A and Yamaha's new Tennere.

I suppose since it's a 'concept' bike it'll be availabel in Europe in about 2013, then in roughly 2017 they'll bring it to the US.:mad:

Probably cost $17K, too! lol
The cross tour is basically the old VFR with different bodywork.

·
Registered
959 Posts
well the baby crosstourer that has been released (the 800cc V4) is well on the way to earning the name of 'crossdresser'

....that should screw up the sales a wee bit :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
The cross tour is basically the old VFR with different bodywork.
X-runner is the old VFR800 motor and chassis with a new body and different ergos.

X-tourer is the new VFR1200 motor (unk chassis??) with a newer body and different ergos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts