Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That Honda Ad for their NC700X that is shown on our forum is starting to annoy me.

Is anyone interested in taking up a collection to buy them out of their spot on our forum? :D

Failing that, is there a way to somehow block it out so I don't have to see it?:confused:

·
Registered
181 Posts
It seems strange for them to spend any money advertising on a board where the majority of people who will see it presumably already own a bike that is a direct competitor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
well thats what thought the past couple of weeks about the add,
thats why i posted earlier today also...bla!

we are the best forum on the web hand down.."The Versys forum" not honda
they are trying to play catch up...lol

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems strange for them to spend any money advertising on a board where the majority of people who will see it presumably already own a bike that is a direct competitor.
Yeah... but if you think about it, the V came out in 2007, and the Honda is 5 years "newer", so maybe they're hoping to win over guys looking for a replacement for their V. A lot of guys switch bikes every 2 years or so. I wonder if there are big Versys ads on the Honda 700 forum??? :D

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Anytime I see an ad over and over it makes me NOT want to buy the product. I might have taken a look at it before but now I have that negative memory of being spammed by the ad.

·
Registered
89 Posts
"It seems strange for them to spend any money advertising on a board where the majority of people who will see it presumably already own a bike that is a direct competitor."

It makes sense to me; the motorcyclist is a small percentage of the population, so a site like ours is probably pretty attractive. Many of us switch bikes, and many others come to the site as part of their search for a new bike, so the ad is in a high-motorcyclist-traffic spot.

If it keeps the site up and running and isn't too obtrusive, I don't mind it. I will, however, side with Kenr--unless it has worked on me subliminally, the constant presence kind of turns me off.

Mike

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I've seen another site that detects adblock plus- and replaces the banner ad with an offer from the site itself. It basically states that although it's a free site, it is maintained by the revenue created by ads. However- it also gives one the option to pay $5 a year to never see ads with or without an adblocker extension. Seems clever enough, and might "guarantee" the income for the site as opposed to taking the chance that someone uses an adblocker or simply doesn't click... :goodidea:

·
Registered
873 Posts
I agree with fasteddie... I'm thankful for the sponsership Honda gives to a Kawasaki site. Besides I'm a motorcycle Ho so I wouldn't mind seeing Triumph and Ducati take out some ads here too.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I've seen another site that detects adblock plus- and replaces the banner ad with an offer from the site itself. It basically states that although it's a free site, it is maintained by the revenue created by ads. However- it also gives one the option to pay $5 a year to never see ads with or without an adblocker extension. Seems clever enough, and might "guarantee" the income for the site as opposed to taking the chance that someone uses an adblocker or simply doesn't click... :goodidea:
I'm OK with that as long as they credit me the $5 a year for the value of my posts. (I know, I know, YMMV!):D

·
Registered
688 Posts
You guys are assuming way to much about these ads. They aren't targeting kawasaki or kawasaki versys owners. Honda just contracts with an ad agency. The ad agency most likely uses a Google ad generating service that uses an algorithm based on keywords.

So the ad agency just tells google "go put our ads on any webpages with keywords like motorcycle, honda, kawasaki, suzuki, etc." Rarely ever does the company selling the product have any idea what websites their ads are on. Which is why sometimes you see a Lowe's Ad on a Home Depot site or vice versa (just an example).

All hail our computer overlords.

·
Registered
559 Posts
To me it makes total sens. For example someone with a Versys hating the seat to extremes, might go hummm...Nice seat, 3.7l/100km, reasonable height, might just sell the Versys and buy that. Way better chances of selling those here then on a Hayabusa forum :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts