Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the bike, biggest issue for me was the handlebars, too far away, even though im 6'2" I get a terrible neck cramp after awhile. before I dropped the cash on a set of Rox Risers, I wanted to see if a pair of Honda handlebars I had laying around would work.. As you can see the rise and pullback is substantial compaired to factory bars. All that was required is removing a few zip ties and reroute of the cables and they fit... Stock cables, no wiring mods and no pinching or binding... Huge difference!!:yeahsmile:

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
yep good fit, the stockers are ok for me. I did the same thing to the VTX I had and put some HD bars on it and they were much better.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL. for the most part I can tell no difference in my riding style, never been real aggressive anyway. I'm just more relaxed, it was that or I sell it.. after an hour of riding I felt like I had a cigar being burned on my skin... major pinch nerve

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Can you post a pic of you on the bike? Also what type of Honda?

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
I HATED the stock bars on my Suzuki Bandit 1200S (caused my hands to go to sleep, as the angle was wrong). Then I looked at a set of "drag bars" I had - their angle looked better - so I installed them w/ some homemade risers to the same height as stock.

VOILA! Hands were HAPPY!

:clap:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Never liked the stock bars. Tried CR Highs on Rox risers for a while. Better but not great. Now have ATV Low bars. Perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
na its lower then chin level it not ape-hangers yet
Saw the funniest damn thing I've seen in a while; a large-barge Hardley in the oncoming lane, rider's feet splayed wide in the gynecology position, ready to fend off oncoming traffic (tough guys that they are), in full pirate costume.
His 'scoot' was sporting a ridiculous bat-wing (barn door) handlebar-mounted fairing. That sight alone cracks me up every time I see it, and face it, it's a common sight. The old school, non-aerodynamic Vetter style design is bad enough, but it does make a good platform for the 8-track /AM radio combo.

So, as good as that is, it gets even better. Stretched well above the barn door 'fairing' and the oncoming boots is a reach-for-the-shy set of apehangers with attached hairy hands, in requisite fingerless gloves. The rider's head, just visible above the 'dash' and framed by tough guy ape-arms, wears the appropriate grimace and a piss-pot helmet. Perfect.

I love motorcycling.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Saw the funniest damn thing I've seen in a while; a large-barge Hardley in the oncoming lane, rider's feet splayed wide in the gynecology position, ready to fend off oncoming traffic (tough guys that they are), in full pirate costume.
His 'scoot' was sporting a ridiculous bat-wing (barn door) handlebar-mounted fairing. That sight alone cracks me up every time I see it, and face it, it's a common sight. The old school, non-aerodynamic Vetter style design is bad enough, but it does make a good platform for the 8-track /AM radio combo.

So, as good as that is, it gets even better. Stretched well above the barn door 'fairing' and the oncoming boots is a reach-for-the-shy set of apehangers with attached hairy hands, in requisite fingerless gloves. The rider's head, just visible above the 'dash' and framed by tough guy ape-arms, wears the appropriate grimace and a piss-pot helmet. Perfect.

I love motorcycling.
Yep...love the part about the "grimace" so true !

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update on the handlebar swap. So far i'm really pleased with the results. I just did a 1300 mile ride and no sore neck. I loved the bike but always felt the seat, bar distance was awkward. now I sit more upright with a good bend at the elbows. To my surprise I actually feel more confindent cornering. Also I notice my left mirror is a lot clearer, vibration in the bars is less as well. I think it may be due to the thicker steel of the Honda bars as appose to stock

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
i'm still looking around for what I want. I'd like something with a slight lift and a little more angle on the rear sweep to match the natural angle of my hands.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

I love motorcycling.
ahh i see you have spotted the " rugged individual ,rebel" that all weekend worrier HD riders dream of being

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 2015 Versys AND a 2007 Harley Electra Glide, which I just rolled over 93K miles. I'm in the Iron Butt Assn. I've been riding for almost 35 years, and in 2009 I survived a horrible accident (13 broken bones, skull fracture, etc.) in which I got hit by another rider in a formation. I rode over 20K miles last year, and I only have 10 states to go until I've ridden in all 48 states in the continental U.S. I've had more motorcycles than I can remember, five of them Harleys and the rest Japanese. AND I'm a woman rider, who was taught by another woman to ride (and wrench) back in 1982.

Want to mock me for riding a Harley?? Just curious.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts