Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to the Versy, this is my other bike, bought new in 2001. During that time 3 other bikes have come and gone, a Honda VTX 1800, Suzuki Vstrom 1000, and Honda CB 919. None of them measured up to the Nighthawk until the Versy came along. I no longer spend time looking at new bikes and models, not interested. I have the perfect combo now.:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does it do? Different ride, different power delivery, different ergos, different look, different sound. When I feel like riding something different, I ride it, plus I like it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
What didn't you like about the DL1000?

This has been one of the bikes I've been looking at for a trip out west.

Thanks,

Maloy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of the nagging issues most owners complain about center around the motor. F.I. system has a history of problems, throttle bodies won't stay in sync, a HORRIBLE rumbling/vibration when accelerating in the 3-4K rpm range, rear cush drive rubbers require periodic replacement due to wear, rattling clutch baskets, wind buffeting, VERY heavy pull on the clutch lever. These problems never end on the strom forums.Still, I really liked my V, took many multiday long distance trips and put 35K miles on it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I love the looks of that Nighthawk and it's always been one of my favorite bikes. I thinking of buying one myself. The performance is incredible and you're right about the differences from the V. I love my V, but that bike is my second choice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Always wanted a nighthawk. Been makeing them for years and always look good. Some of the bikes like that did about everything well but nothing exceptional so they don't get the press they deserve. My kind of bike. The Versys here doesn't get any help from the dealers as some don't even stock them. What a shame for such a nice bike. I also have had many many bikes and the Versys is the bike i absolutely love to ride. Wouldn't trade it for anything out there.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had a 1991 Nighthawk 750 before my current bike. I totally regret selling it, and wish I could find another one in good shape. I love the Multistradas' and Versys, but the last generation Nighthawk 750 is a classic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After owning three cruisers I purchased a 98 Nighthawk 750. I loved that bike and the fact it was almost maintenance free. It made me never want a cruiser again. I should have never sold it but I wouldn't have my Versys if I kept it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts