Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a request to post my crude manometer I use for sync'n the throttle bodies.

Started with a 24" 1"x6" scrap piece of wood. Painted it white and used a square to sharpie some black lines on it to help with watching the oil.
Bought 10' of 1/4 OD clear vinyl tubing, the thick walled kind not the flimsy fish tank tubing.
Cut 48" of the vinyl tubing, sucking a little two stroke oil into the tubing and attached it to the piece of wood with some zip-ties making sure the tubing was even at the top and pulling it taught down at the bottom of the board.
The remaining tubing I split evenly and cut leaving about 3' for each end of the line. Attaching the 3' section of tubing to one end of the tubing attached to the board using some vacuum line connecters. These lines are used to connect to the throttle bodies. ( Did this as it was the easiest way to match them up for me)

And that is really about it, cost me 10$ and it worked really well! When I get back from my cross country trip next month Ill do a write up and sync'n the TBs! Of course any specific questions please ask as this isn't a very detailed write up :sorry:.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
You will need to have a small orifice in each line to dampen the vacuum pulses and make your manometer synch tool usable... You can try with short lengths of the red plastic nozzle straw that comes with WD-40 and other oil spray cans. Fit one snuggly in both connectors by building up its diameter with electrical tape.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
You will need to have a small orifice in each line to dampen the vacuum pulses and make your manometer synch tool usable... You can try with short lengths of the red plastic nozzle straw that comes with WD-40 and other oil spray cans. Fit one snuggly in both connectors by building up its diameter with electrical tape.
possibly modify the barbed fittings to suit this purpose???

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't have any real pulsing with the two stroke oil. Ill try it again with your recommendation Invader and see what happens for sure though! Love tinkering!

·
Registered
575 Posts
When my son and I made one of these we used some old pilot jets to smooth out the pulses. Worked quite well.

·
Super Moderator
1,488 Posts
I made mine without any restrictors... works fine with cheap 2-stoke oil.

The thicker the oil the less the pulses will affect the level.
If you used coloured water it would be splattering about and be harder to read.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts