Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have tried making a small screen from a small piece of plexiglass but it didnt look quite right and vibrated some in the wind.

So I bit the bullet and decided to cut down the stock screen. It has worked very well if I do say so myself. I've tested it up to 85mph and it seems to deflect wind to just at the bottom of my chin bar on my helmet. Very close to riding without a wind screen.

I like it a lot.

I'm 5'7" and sit on a air hawk R over the stock seat.

I just masked it off with some blue painters tape and cut it with a dremel tool cutoff wheel.

Sean

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Looks good. Nice neighborhood too! :thumb:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Looks good, it's been discussed on here before...nice to see someone has actually given it a try.

Is it taking a any pressure off your chest when you're riding at highway speeds, without causing too much wind noise?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now we're cutting them down to reduce wind?....or just to look cool? :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Nope.. to reduce the buffeting caused by the stock screen. Some of us are just the right height to get excessive turbulence and head buffeting from the stock screen.... Looking decent was just a happy by product.

Sean

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
FWIW - I have Madstad brackets on my Vs. During the warm months I use the OEM screen, and the Madstad brackets take it a bit further away from me, slanted back a bit more than stock. I don't really notice any buffeting. (5'10", 31.5" inseam)

In the cooler months it "wears" my modded Majesty windshields.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts