Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there
I bought new (to me) versys 2008 about a month ago. unfortunately had her down very next day, the front wheel got suck while pushing into garage, I pushed harder, lost balance and ... :eek: fortunately only little scratch on the right handlebar end. I couldn't decide if I want engine case protector(givi) or radiator protector (h&b) so I made my own comb using basic tools like; pipe bender, pipe/tubing notcher, FCAW welder, angle grinder, drill.. . I'm going to attach some tabs for skid plate/oil filter guard, I also consider knee/feet air /rain deflector, I don't know yet
pics here
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/robert2605/versys/

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
WOW!! great job making your own guard. I like both the SW Motech and the H/B crash bars because of their different areas of protection, but unfortunately you can't put both on your bike . Looks like you solved the dilemma. How much did everything cost you? How long did it take you to make?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great job indeed!
I think you can make a buck or two if you made few for sale. I would be interested!

Cheers,
Pete

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Very nice. I was going to build my own but finally broke down and bought the SW Moto bars. Yours look much better that what is out there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you guys for the positive responses, it was my first post and I did not expect to get this many views. This was my first project and I still have to finish it, I am going to fabricate my own rack system. I recently bought a SW Motech rack. It is good looking, but useless to me, it is too small to carry anything, after i installed "givi like" plate, and it no loger looks good. I was going to fabricate a new plate, but the rack is too short so i have to make a new one. I have many other ideas and I'll keep this post updated. thank you.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome Guards, man. I know this post is a bit old, but I'm looking at making my own guards too and was wondering what size (gauge / Diameter) pipe did you use?

Your response is appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome post!!!! Did you get the notcher from Harbor Freight? Did you have to replace bolts and attachment points?
Thanks for sharing..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts