Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed SW motech crash bars on my gen1 and the poor thing now vibrates like a cheap sex toy ... or so I was told ...

not sure what's the issue, double-checked the installation, re-torqued all bolts and nuts I touched ... @approx. 4500 rpm i can really tell the difference for the worst.

any ideas what can cause this?
did i miss anything ?:confused: :dgi:

·
Registered
929 Posts
I don't recall any noticable vibration change, but I previously rode a KLR...I might just be used to it. There were a few places where I added pieces of a bicycle inner tube. If you want to take a look at how mine is setup, let me know.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't recall any noticable vibration change, but I previously rode a KLR...I might just be used to it. There were a few places where I added pieces of a bicycle inner tube. If you want to take a look at how mine is setup, let me know.
Hi Dave, sure, you're like 5 mins away. will PM you.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,441 Posts
I put a piece of fuel line around those two U-bolts that hold the rear pieces onto the frame-rails, as well as the plastic bits that came w/ the crash-bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put a piece of fuel line around those two U-bolts that hold the rear pieces onto the frame-rails, as well as the plastic bits that came w/ the crash-bars.
Thanks Eddie, will copy your install ... with your permission ... i guess i was too eager to get them on.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Don't appreciably tighten the u-bolts at all. I run mine without the u-bolts, and the vibrations went away. My vibrations were really bad as yours are.

Michael

·
Registered
383 Posts
I must have missed something here, Pecko. I thought you were talking about a Great mod to get the ladies to ride with you. :devil:

·
Super Moderator
19,441 Posts
Thanks Eddie, will copy your install ... with your permission ... i guess i was too eager to get them on.
FWIW - I did NOT put the hose on in the original install....

:eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FWIW - I did NOT put the hose on in the original install....

:eek:
an update
got some fuel hose around those U-bolts and used less muscle to tighten them , re-torqued all bolts again and the V is smooth as baby bottom now. Thanks for the tip, Eddie! :thanx:

·
Super Moderator
19,441 Posts
an update
got some fuel hose around those U-bolts and used less muscle to tighten them , re-torqued all bolts again and the V is smooth as baby bottom now. Thanks for the tip, Eddie! :thanx:
My pleasure (slight 'bow' from the waist....).

:yeahsmile:

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
Last week I installed my SW-Motech crash bars on my 2012. Last night was my 1st ride after putting them on and I did not fell any more vibration. I was really expecting the worst after reading this thread. Is it a Mk1 vs Mk2 thing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts