Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you PIAA! And good bye Meeeeep! Meeeep! Installed both 500 and 600 and what a kick ass horn. Easy install reduced price and free ship from Amazon.
It was a saftey issue for me! Honked one time in traffic so far and WOW! Damn right they will stay in there own lane! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice!

But I think my air horn is louder. :p

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about one of those air horns. Does it just hook right in to the 12 volts?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll just run with these for now, so far I think they are awesome horns! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Love the PIAA horn(s). Don't use them much, but damn...they sure wake up the cager when you honk. The single PIAA horn is just a swap out, using the same terminals as the old horn, and no additional wiring, forr 115 dB of "ahem":

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Wow, PIAA horns are very expensive... I've been using a pair of Wolo's excellent 116 db Full Blast horns on my car for many years in gruling conditions from 40 below to snow storms and rough dirty roads... They have proven to be highly durable, and they sound really good and loud.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOLO-FULL-BLAST-EXTRA-LOUD-HIGH-TONE-REPLACEMENT-HORN-/400228373670?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2f7854a6&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOLO-FULL-BLAST-EXTRA-LOUD-LOW-TONE-REPLACEMENT-HORN-/350148340993?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item518677ad01&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Wow, PIAA horns are very expensive... I've been using a pair of Wolo's excellent 116 db Full Blast horns on my car for many years in gruling conditions from 40 below to snow storms and rough dirty roads... They have proven to be highly durable, and they sound really good and loud.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOLO-FULL-BLAST-EXTRA-LOUD-HIGH-TONE-REPLACEMENT-HORN-/400228373670?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2f7854a6&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOLO-FULL-BLAST-EXTRA-LOUD-LOW-TONE-REPLACEMENT-HORN-/350148340993?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item518677ad01&vxp=mtr
The Wolo's you linked are $22 each (including shipping). My Piaas were $45 shipped as a set. Its a $1 difference. Not really any more expensive than yours. :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the Screaming Banshee system hooked up, so I can still use the stock horn for friendly honks or situations that don't require 139 decibels. On the freeway, however, the loud horn is invaluable.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
independant testing on horns

Here

My 2 cents

LOP
Thanks for the info! Just didn't want to mess with the relay for the best horns. Had to do the easy fast way this time! :thumb: And I love the deeper tone.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
It may be louder but drivers are thinking "wheres the train"??
With a Stebel air horn, drivers are thinking "Where's that delivery truck -- and when did I arrive in Italy?"

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Thanks for the info! Just didn't want to mess with the relay for the best horns. Had to do the easy fast way this time! :thumb: And I love the deeper tone.
From that same horn test: "...unless your bike has a relay in the horn circuit, you'll probably have to install one of those also, or risk frying your horn switch."

Loud horns suck current. Lay on one of these horns for just a couple seconds and the current draw could melt your horn switch and the wiring in the circuit. Installing a relay and dedicated wire for power from the battery is simple. Use the OEM horn switch to fire the relay. This will protect your stock wiring, and will ensure that all the current your horn can use is being sent to it (i.e., your horn is as loud as it can be). The horn relay will tuck neatly away inside the front lateral frame tube, out of the weather. Just remove the middle side panel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts