Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been torn between a VStrom and Versys but the Green runs deep in my veins and if all goes well I pick up a 2009 Versys on Sunday!

I had taken a couple year hiatus from riding but after many long hours of crying to the old lady I have talked her in to letting me get a new TOY!

Keep a eye for Pics soon!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome and I think you made the right choice. The bike right before the Versys was an 09 V-Strom and for me the Versys is a lot more fun to ride!!
Good luck with your purchase.

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
:welcome: & Enjoy the upcoming new bike.:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
:welcome: Fltrooper!

I was torn between a V-Strom and the Versys last Spring when I finally received spousal permission to get back on a bike. I ended up with a 2009 Green Versys as well that I actually bought from an ad on this forum.

Absolutely love the bike!

I sat on both the Versys and the V-Strom this past weekend at the Wash. DC motorcycle show - and I am still convinced that I made the best choice, particularly for the $.

In case you haven't noticed, there is a wealth of information on this forum and plenty of people who are quick to help.

Congrats

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everyone!

I just picked her up and did the 100 mile trip home and it ran great! I did notice lots of wind noise and movement so hopefully a new shield will cure that problem!

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome: to the forum & congrats on your new Versys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get both

I picked up a new 09 versys in march of 2010 now with 8000+ on it. Lots of fun and only one ticket. Bought a left over wee-strom last week to use as my traveling bike, was thinking on a 2012 but got a smoking deal on a 2011.
P.S. anybody want to buy a BMW 1200GSA?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts