Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three bikes, and have been riding for 14 yrs. Just had my first real accident as I dropped and slid my 2012 versys for about 20' trying to hurry across an oily/slick road. I'm looking for information on getting my bike fixed. :censored:

Anyway, love the versys, traded a second gen klr for it and have been much happier ever since. I'm thinking that abs will be something that I get on my next bike...
:blah:
:blah:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
:welcome: and hola from San Antonio. Sorry to hear about your crash. Hope you weren't damaged too badly.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome: When i wrecked my Versys I found most of what i needed on ebay....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words of welcome.

I'm pretty good, knee and ankle still swollen. Low sided after I hit the brakes too hard on a patch of oil. Scratched my left engine case, and most everything else on the left side. It was a surprise as my first onroad crash in 14 yrs of riding.

I haven't seen any parts for a second gen versys on Ebay yet...

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
I 'low-sided' at around 20 mph a few years ago. The Zeta hand guards and H-B crash bars reduced damage to my V to a bent shifter. GOOD investments...!

The small scratches on the hand-guards were 'covered-up' w/ reflective tape, and those on the H-Bs w/ electricians tape. The small scratches on the engine cover are still there, I believe....

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, that is amazingly minor damage for 20 mph.. I wish mine looked half that good.. I think I'm gonna use protection next time!

Hopefully next time is a long time in the future, asphalt hurts.

Any advice on hot weather (S TX) gloves that aren't too hard to put on but also offer decent protection? I'm still not sure if I'm gonna replace my jacket or not, its a little ripped up. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts