Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been reading these forums now for about 3 weeks. Sorry, I didn't start until after Headem had already left Port Angeles or I would have loved to show you some of the lesser known places to ride other than the Hurricane Ridge, Hwy 112 along the water, and out to Forks. They are all good places but there are other great ones up here too.

I currently ride a Kawi 250KLX. I love to ride the tons of logging roads and exploring off road forests/mountains around the Olympic Peninsula. However, I am really looking forward to getting a Versys that is MUCH better on the road (The KLX's seat blows chunks. Off road I'm mostly up on the pegs so it's no big deal but on the road for longer than an hour or two, and it's monkey butt city).

I'm heading over to Bremerton and then Seattle tomorrow to price check. Anyone in the area with any suggestions of places they've gotten good deals there would be great. Great posts. My wife even gets a kick out of some of the comedy on here:yeahsmile:

Ride hard and ride safe:cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Howdy BPGreen - welcome. Good luck with your bike shopping. Bought mine at Renton Motorcycle Company from Jarret Taylor and felt very good about the deal. Just a suggestion.

Cheers,

David
Snoqualmie, WA

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey BP,

Welcome to the forum, you're gonna love the Versys.

I was born & raised in PA, went to Lincoln Elementary School. The wife and I was out there this past August for a couple weeks, I forget how beautiful the area is.

Keep us posted on your purchase.

Dan

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome Aboard! I spent several months in Port Angeles working at Daishowa Paper in the 90's. What a beautiful place for a paper mill!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave, thanks for the tip. I will check them out.

Dan, thanks. My boys are going to Hamilton but one has soccer practice up at Lincoln. Prior to this, I was in SoCal on the southern border. Talk about a change of scenery. It is absolutely gorgeous up here.

It's great there's so many good peeps on these forums. It has answered a lot of my questions without my even having to ask them.

s/f
Keith

·
Registered
842 Posts
Greatings from just north of the dotted line

My wife grew up in Victoria, BC, looking at Port Angeles.

:welcome:

:goodluck: finding a Versys for a good price

·
Registered
1 Posts
BPGreen, If you haven't bought yours yet, I second the Redmond Motorcycles Company - they're advertising '09s for $5299.
http://www.rentonmotorcycles.com
I was about to purchase mine there when my local dealer in Bellingham agreed to match (or nearly) the price, so I got mine from Mt Baker Moto Sports in Bellingham. I went with the blue I had it lowered and added heated grips, and am quite happy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input but I already got mine. I got a 2010 in Bremerton for $7608 out the door. I was real happy with the deal and am now loving riding it around. I haven't been able to put many miles on it due to poor weather and my boys' activities. It's definitely everything people on here brag about.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and we'll have to get in touch soon, you're on the way to HWY 112--I am looking at doing an overnighter on Lake Ozette sometime this summer, perhaps with some other V riders.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Skagit Powersport in Burlington has some left over 08 and 09's on sale. I got mine there a few years ago. Talk to Mike and be willing to haggle.

Cheers,
Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts