Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going over my newly purchased Versys, I just noticed that I have a CA model. The thing is I bought it new in VA. Oh well, just an observation.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Something I've wondered about as well. Mine is a CA model as well although purchased in Utah. Kind of a pain when looking at engine guard options.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
My '10 bought in VA is a CA as well??? Wonder if Kawi brought in any 2010's to the USA that are not CA models??

Anyone have a 2010 NON-CA??

·
Registered
55 Posts
All of the 09's and 10's will be "CA models" since California has the toughest emission restrictions in the nation.

When the 08's came out they did not meet the CA restrictions and thus were not sold there. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you can currently register an 08 in California even if you’re moving in from another state.

·
Registered
434 Posts
All of the 09's and 10's will be "CA models" since California has the toughest emission restrictions in the nation.

When the 08's came out they did not meet the CA restrictions and thus were not sold there. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you can currently register an 08 in California even if you’re moving in from another state.
I'm certain that not ALL '09's are CA models. '10's who knows but that's a pretty broad statement....and the mfg's have been dealing with this forever and all of them make CA models and non CA models.

Regarding registration...if the bike is purchased used and has more than 7500 miles you can register it in CA. Additionally, if you are moving there and owned the vehicle prior to relocation, you can register it without a mileage restriction.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
My 09 is not a CA model.....bought in Vermont.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hmmm...okay, so how would you find out if the model purchased meets CA standards?

Pics might help.
Look for a black canister under the gas tank covering the cylinders on the left side of the bike (sitting on it). Or, right side of bike if facing it.

You can't miss it:

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
10 Versys California?

If it is a California it is suppose to have an L as the last letter. Mine only has CAF and no L so it is even more confusing.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I bought my 2010 in NY in March and (thankfully) it’s not a CA model (no evap. canister)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts