Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Onthe way home lastnight, stopped at traffic light (Old kent rd). A grey peugeot came to a stop about ten yards behind me, then, hit me up the rear, the bike went down, on it's right side. The driver pulled alongside, sucked through his teeth and lips said rass and drove off, nice. I got the number plate. Police are dealing with it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I hope they punish to the full extent of the law. Bad enough when this happens to a parked car (been the victim there a couple of times) - but to hit a guy on a bike and drive off leaving him lay there...nail the bastard!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I could I would!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Not sure what country you are in.

But, in USA this is a serious offence. Guy hit my car in a hotel parking lot, when I wasn't there, another kind motorist left the idiots licence plate on my windshield.

Called police, they found him asked me if I wanted to press charges I said yes and believe it or not he ended up doing some time. I think he may have had other problems-warrants or whatever, but I was very pleased to put the Ahole away even if only for a short while.

Machog

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in the uk.

I checkek the DVLA website and the numberplate belongs to a BMW!!

I was given help to pick up the bike, heavy bugger.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hit and run

Novice
What a bummer,at least you weren't hurt,I trust the bike is OK?
I dropped mine yesterday,bloody satnav led me (literally) down a sloping blind lane)trying to turn downslope ,down she went, onto right side.
Faced with picking it up on my own I remembered a vid on youtube explaining how to do it.
The secret is to back up to the bike,squat down,bent legs, grab the bars with left hand ,pillion handgrip with right.Walk backwards,straighten legs and up she comes,easy peasy I must say.
Mind you with it on its right side I am left with the problem of trying to put in in gear and putting the side stand down (both on other side of bike)with out it escaping and going down again.bit of a dance but I did it and breathed a sigh of relief.remember to do these actions before you attempt a lift
Not so hard if it goes down on its left side as you can put it in gear and put the stand down easily.
That makes me think,mmm couldn't have been in gear when it went down so I wasn't even ready to pull away.

Hope it doesn't go down again novice but if so you might remember this,dont know where the vid is but you could search for the link.

Twohoots

1 - 7 of 7 Posts