Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Date : 9 ~ 29 June 2010
10 Rider - All Rider from Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
Start Ride From Mumbai, India on 11 June 2010.
Mumbai > Nasrik > Indore > Agra > New Delhi > Srinagar > Kargil > Leh > Kardungla > Leh > Sharcu > Manali > Chardigar > New Delhi > Mumbai

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
looks fantastic
did you use your own bikes or rent locally?

I'm toying with the idea of an organised trip on Enfields next year....

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Looks like there was pretty tough roads on that trip and extreme weather conditions, be a awsome experiance

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks healdem and kiwi 41 for your responts to my post .

Healdem
all the bike are send from Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia to Mumbai,India using a ship (3 weeks) and ride from mumbai to himalaya .
its a good idea to rent or buy Enfield in India because the cost is cheaper compare to bringing your own bike from your country and have to face no bike clearance in India .

Kiwi 41
The Himalaya's are really challenging because of the extreme conditions .
You have to face a sandy , snow and icy obstacles .
For me , it is a thrill to be there and I'm planning to go there again .

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Hi Bard, In must be hard to get your gear right, I mean part of the journey you could be riding through very temp area and then a few days later riding through extreme cold area's or a mix of this day to day.

Looking at a ride though Thailand next year starting in Malaysia so I think will need gear for high temps on that ride. Can get 4 seasons weather here in one day.
Phil

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bard,
Thanks for taking us along thru pictures. An epic adventure to be sure. Likely beyond my capabilities, but I sure enjoyed seeing how it was done.
spklbuk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks Spklbuk....

Kawi41,
When are you planning that ride ? You can use your own riding gear for this ride axcept that you just have to remove your inner linner(thermal linner) .
The temperature in Malaysia and Thailand are averanges of 28+ degree celcius .
Don't forget to contact me if you come to Malaysia and maybe we could ride to Thailand together .

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
The ride will be with fastoman and stlee29, they are talking about march/april next year. They will be riding, I have to make sure I can make it happen. Will need to find out cost of hired bike, A V would be great but a v-strom good or like my old bike BMW 650GS but whatever I can get.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
219 Posts
Awesome ride and post, loved seeing the Versys in the Himalayas.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts