Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can understand why the pegs on the Versys 1000 are high. It gives the rider a good position for adventure-style riding. However, for a 6' guy, I find my legs become cramped after a while, and I'd like to stretch them out.

What alternatives to these stock pegs are out there? I have searched and found Moto Werk, MotoPreserve, Rivco, R&G, etc. What are people using?

Thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have the Moto Werk lowering foot peg blocks installed as well as the rear break nut. I also have a 2017 Concours and used the Murph’s Kits foot pegs. Both systems provide about 1.5 inches of extra length. Doesn’t sound like much, but it’s a big comfort improvement. I’m getting ready to install highway pegs. I purchased the Rivco set up and also have the Moto Werks Highway peg system that another member (Weljo) gave me. I believe Weljo2001 has some YouTube videos on this topic as well.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
I have the Moto Werk lowering foot peg blocks installed as well as the rear break nut. I also have a 2017 Concours and used the Murph’s Kits foot pegs. Both systems provide about 1.5 inches of extra length. Doesn’t sound like much, but it’s a big comfort improvement. I’m getting ready to install highway pegs. I purchased the Rivco set up and also have the Moto Werks Highway peg system that another member (Weljo) gave me. I believe Weljo2001 has some YouTube videos on this topic as well.
I have exactly the same, however just modified the mount

FYI Riveco worth every penny, those have over 50,000 KM and 9 years on them.

My 2007 using Speedy and Rivco pegs

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Today I ordered highway pegs from Rivco - Black, Flatfoot Wide Peg Set https://rivcoproducts.com/shop/metric-bikes/pegswbk-black/

And Moto Werk Highway Peg Mounts for 1 Inch Dia Bars - https://rivcoproducts.com/shop/metric-bikes/pegswbk-black/

I think that should do the trick. Not the cheapest, but in the long run I think that's the way to go. Because of the Givi engine guard, I didn't think traditional highway pegs and mounts would work. It would leave the pegs too high.
Installed the Moto Werk Highway Peg Mounts and Rivco Flatfoot Wide Peg Set today. Took a 20 minute test ride afterwards (outside temp is a little under freezing). Really like the highway pegs. Very pleased!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Motowerks pegs to mount DRL

Installed the Moto Werk Highway Peg Mounts and Rivco Flatfoot Wide Peg Set today. Took a 20 minute test ride afterwards (outside temp is a little under freezing). Really like the highway pegs. Very pleased!
I got the same mounts and on the 4 bolt frame clamp put one extra long bolt and mounted some cheap 10W LED to the clamp. Not too much light but better visibility to oncoming traffic and no cost for mounts. The accessory plug is in the fairing if you order the right plugs the switched power is right there. They might be better up high but then they crowd the blinkers and headlight a little. Just a thought but I'm going to leave them for now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got the same mounts and on the 4 bolt frame clamp put one extra long bolt and mounted some cheap 10W LED to the clamp. Not too much light but better visibility to oncoming traffic and no cost for mounts. The accessory plug is in the fairing if you order the right plugs the switched power is right there. They might be better up high but then they crowd the blinkers and headlight a little. Just a thought but I'm going to leave them for now.
Hi Brian Nucci,
I like your idea of extra lights on the foot pegs :smile2:
Any chance you can upload some pictures and a link to where you purchased the lights? I'm just a tiny bit handy with tools so all instruction\help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vadim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very nice setup!
I'm looking to do a trip from NYC to NC soon and these highway pegs will certainly help on the long ride.
Cuddy how do you like the wide pegs vs the standard bar\tube type pegs?

Thanks,
Vadim

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Very nice setup!
I'm looking to do a trip from NYC to NC soon and these highway pegs will certainly help on the long ride.
Cuddy how do you like the wide pegs vs the standard bar\tube type pegs?

Thanks,
Vadim
Hi Vadim - I sold my Versys and am no longer on this forum. However, your message came through to me. I liked the Rivco wide pegs very much. In fact, I was quite pleased with the whole Moto Werk/Rivco setup.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Vadim - I sold my Versys and am longer on this forum. However, your message came through to me. I liked the Rivco wide pegs very much. In fact, I was quite pleased with the whole Moto Werk/Rivco setup.
Hey Cuddy,
Thanks for a quick reply and your input, much appreciated!
I believe that is the setup which I will go with.

Hope you still ridding :smile2:

Thanks,
Vadim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where theres a will theres a way. i got this idea from Quexpress .Mount the pegs without using the bar mounts,very clean mod!
Looks cool and simple :grin2:
Jaaklucas can you explain a bit, maybe some links to the hardware.....?

PS: looked up Quexpress pegs and found some similar pics as yours......

Thanks,
Vadim

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hope you still ridding :smile2:
Thanks,
Vadim
Had to choose between two beautiful bikes. 2012 Honda Gold Wing or my 2012 Kawasaki Versys. Love 'em both, and two totally different bikes. But these days I'm more into long distance, so the Gold Wing won out.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had to choose between two beautiful bikes. 2012 Honda Gold Wing or my 2012 Kawasaki Versys. Love 'em both, and two totally different bikes. But these days I'm more into long distance, so the Gold Wing won out.
Yea, LOL, no shame in that, bet the passenger seat comes with an electric massage.
Must be a smooth ride....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts