Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added highway pegs to my 2014 Versys 650. Pretty cheap and easy mod . . . but, I had the advantage of "SW Motech" crash bars already on the bike. Parts included "WPS" folding footpegs ("Amazon" $9.74/set), plated u-bolts (about $2, most hardware stores), and 1/4" scrap aluminum (easy to drill, saw, grind, sand) painted black for the u-bolt mount. Tried them out on a trip a couple of weeks ago. Worked great. Easy to flip out or retract while riding, and comfortable.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
I like your fender extension, simple & effective - the old school way. :)
Is that home made from a sheet of rubber?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Liked your idea, I had some ubolts and a piece of 1/8" aluminum which I doubled and copied your design. I bolted it up, and couldn't keep it from rotating, even when tightening to the point where the aluminum bent.
I elected to pult the SW mototech crash bars off, and cut and braze a a 2x2", chunk of 1/4" steel in the front corner, approx. where you have your mounted, cleaned, repainted and installed the pegs, appear very similar to yours. They tuck away nicely and should fold back should I ever lay it down.
Thanks for being an inspriation, in any case.
Seems like the crash bar manufacturers would already designed that option.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can rest my legs on top of my givi crash bars in a semi-comfortable fashion (for maybe 5 minutes before the pressure points it creates gets to me) but haven’t found a spot that highway pegs would be comfortable on them without making me flex to much. I’m a bit jealous.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Liked your idea, I had some ubolts and a piece of 1/8" aluminum which I doubled and copied your design. I bolted it up, and couldn't keep it from rotating, even when tightening to the point where the aluminum bent.
I elected to pult the SW mototech crash bars off, and cut and braze a a 2x2", chunk of 1/4" steel in the front corner, approx. where you have your mounted, cleaned, repainted and installed the pegs, appear very similar to yours. They tuck away nicely and should fold back should I ever lay it down.
Thanks for being an inspriation, in any case.
Seems like the crash bar manufacturers would already designed that option.
Any pics?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts