Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We manufacture a limited amount of long distance and/or ergonomic accessories. One of your members contacted me regarding highway pegs for the Versys. Before I put a lot of effort into design, etc is there already anything that exists that is suitable?

If you have photos, etc. please email to [email protected]

Thanks in advance,

Terry Smith
Sampson Sport Touring

·
Registered
83 Posts
As far as I know, the only peg solution anybody has offered has been to install generic pegs on any of the various crash bars, such as SW Motech, Hepco Beckler, etc. Sounds like you are talking about fabricating some pegs to mount directly to some portion of the bike, which I haven't heard of any products such as that. I for one would be interested in what you work up. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have highway pegs mounted to mine. They cam with the bike when I bought it from the previous owner. He told me that they were homemade. I will try to post some pics in the next few days.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have highway pegs mounted to mine. They cam with the bike when I bought it from the previous owner. He told me that they were homemade. I will try to post some pics in the next few days.
I would really like to see some pictures of those.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Add me to the list of potential customers. I will definitely be adding pegs to mine. My current plan is to add them to my H&B crash bars once they show up, but I like the idea of a separate solution because there would be the added benefit of additional engine case protection down a bit lower than the H&B bars reach.

I had highway pegs on my KLR and got very used to using them on extended rides. I already miss them greatly on the V.

Whoever comes out with a reasonably priced dedicated peg solution will do well I would think. The accessory market for the BOTY should grow quite quickly I would think. Good for us. :thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was on travel the whole week and finally had time last night (hence the poor lighting) to take some pictures. Don't ask me too much details since the bike came with the pegs when I bought it. What I can tell you is that the prior owner claimed they were home made and he had to enlarge slightly the opening on the bottom fairing.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts